Monday, March 31, 2008

Ever wonder what a Joshua tree feels like?



After spending the weekend in Mesquite, NV visiting Nate's family for his brother's wedding, we drove the 8 hours home. We talked a little bit about the Joshua trees we saw.

Zachary said he wondered what it would be like to touch one of the trees. We thought about it, and then pulled over to the side of the highway to give him the opportunity. He said they were "kind of fuzzy, and not very pokey."

Here's a little information about the Joshua tree:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_tree

Consequently, one of my absolute favorite albums is U2's The Joshua Tree, which won the Album of the Year Award at the 1988 Grammys and was ranked number 26 of the top 500 albums of all time, according to Rolling Stone.


Just a little Joshua tree trivia, in case you were interested...

5 comments:

The Shane Gang said...

Good to know! Thanks for informative post! It actually really makes me miss AZ. Especially since we woke up to snow 2 mornings in a row! I guess we just can't win, either blazing hot summers or winters that last until May!!

Matthew Taylor said...

Nancy was 9 in 1988. Just thought I'd share.

Natalie said...

Gee, thanks, Matthew!

Tilleea said...

Like Zachary, I've always wanted to know what they felt like, now I know. Thanks!

Lance said...

I've always told myself that if I lived in the desert I'd have a yard full of Joshua Trees. I think they are the neatest looking foliage around!