Friday, April 11, 2008

Wanna entertain your child for a few minutes?

Okay, this is just making me snicker. I can't believe I didn't think of it before!

This morning, I put one of those pedometers on because I'd like to start keeping track of the steps I take every day. Noah saw it and asked about it. Since I have a spare one that shows distance instead of number of steps, I put that one on his pants and told him it would show him how far he ran around the house.

He ran back and forth for several minutes and kept coming up to me to show me how far he's gone. By the time he stopped, the kid had run 4 tenths of a mile! (Okay, that figure is probably a little off, because the pedometer can't be set for anything shorter than a 2 foot stride...) But, isn't that amazing?! I'd be interested to see how far he goes in an entire day!

1 comment:

Matthew Taylor said...

Do you think I could trick Nancy that way too?