Friday, May 2, 2008

It's 5:50 am, do you know where your teeth are?

Yesterday morning, Zachary woke us up by blurting out:

"I've lost my tooth!"

It's been loose for a few days now, and we could see his new tooth already coming in, so we weren't that surprised, until we realized he'd really lost it. It was gone.

To curb the invincible drama that would soon befall us all once Zachary realized he'd have no tooth to leave the Tooth Fairy, on this, his very first opportunity to do so, Nate told him about the 'special magnet' the Tooth Fairy owns that has the capability to recover the truly lost teeth out in the world. Fortunately, this strategy sufficed.

Actually, we expected this day to come much sooner. Zachary will be 7 years old on Sunday, and got this tooth on November 11, 2001, when he was just 6 months old, so this little tooth has had quite a run.


This is the little tin the Tooth Fairy brought Zachary to put his teeth in from now on. She's quite a crafty little fairy, isn't she?


She also left some money and a note congratulating him on losing his first tooth and taking such good care of his teeth.


He was so excited, he asked me if I thought he might have Show and Tell in his class any time soon, so he could show it off.

6 comments:

Matthew Taylor said...

So... what the heck happened to his tooth? Did he swallow it?

Natalie said...

I'm guessing he did. I checked his sheets, moved his bed, and vacuumed most of the house, checking the canister constantly to see if there was a tooth in there. I'm amazed by how many little white things I found in the junk I vacuumed up that look like teeth, like bits of popcorn, rocks, and foam. Still, no tooth!

Vickie said...

I love the tooth tin! SO cute.

Kayla said...

I love the tooth tin! you are always so creative.

Jera Farnsworth said...

i'm so glad he got that sucka out!! go zack- justin will be so excited for him! and do you think your toothfairy will come to my house and leave a cute little tin?? so cute!

Christine said...

Guhner is going to be 6 and hasn't lost any teeth yet ... seems like he is the only one in the class ... glad to know he is not alone