Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bigfoot lives at our house!

I know my friends are probably getting tired of hearing this, but I'm amazed by how big my 7 year old son's feet are! Here's a comparison:

My foot on the left, Zachary's on the right. See how his toes are already longer than mine? (But then, whose toes AREN'T longer than mine, right?!)


This photo is of ME wearing his new Pokemon shoes.

He definitely gets his feet from Nate, who wears an 11. (Nate's brother wears a 14! I could use those for skis!)

I wear a 6 - 6 1/2. I think if I had normal toes instead of my freakishly short ones, I'd be more of a 7 1/2. Zachary's shoes are a 2 - 2 1/2. Sure, they're a little snug on me, but had I known I could have been wearing character shoes this entire time, I would have picked some of my own out long ago!

After I realized I could put his shoes on, I started scoping out the children's section at Target and found that I wear a child's size 4 1/2 and there are some super cute shoes in the girls' department. I picked these up a few weeks ago:


Did they even HAVE shoes this cute when I was a little girl?

4 comments:

The Brock Family said...

That is hilarious! And what a great deal being able to fitinto the girls shoes, they are always going to be cheaper!

Matthew Taylor said...

Hey, did you know Nancy has hairy toes?

Jera Farnsworth said...

cute shoes!! i wear a 6 1/2 but i dont think i can fit into girl kids shoes. i can fit into a boys 4 1/2 b/c that is a 6 1/2 adult girls. are you sure your feet arent freakishly tiny? i totally think you should get character shoes- maybe even the ones that light up!

Maureen said...

Hey - big foot lives in my house too. My 11 yo couldn't find his shoes the other day so I had to send him to school in his Dad's size 10s. He isn't taller than me yet, but his feet are bigger than my ginormous size 9s - and yes it is mostly due to my finger toes!!!Be proud of your cute little toes on your cute little feet.

Mo