Friday, June 27, 2008

My laugh of the day...


Yesterday the television was on and Merv Griffin's Crosswords game show was playing. Zachary watched for a minute, then asked with a confused look on his face:

"Mom, why are there grown moms and dads on this show spelling words? Didn't they go to school?"

It was really hard not to say something like:

"Well, Son, I guess it's time you knew. The truth is, if you don't do well in school or if you stop going, then when you're an adult you will be forced to appear on a television game show to spell words in front of a live studio audience for all the world to see! Scary, isn't it? So that's why you need to stay in school...and uh...don't do drugs, okay?"

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

You know, it's not a bad idea, though, is it? A reality show called, "High School Dropout" that is totally mandatory for anyone who doesn't graduate from high school? Talk about being scared straight!

Stay in school, Kids!

2 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Oh my word!! This cracked me up!! You are too funny girl! I think I may implement some of this into my teaching routine next fall! And seriously, you need to pitch your "High School Dropout" idea to a major network, because I'm pretty sure they'd go for it! In fact, you'd better delete this post entirely before someone steals your idea and makes a million, trillion dollars off of it!

Cindy E said...

Angie's right! Get that idea to the nearest studio (Fox comes to mind, since they do so much "reality" carp. :-)

Cindy (SCS Cards4Ever)