Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nate's shiny, new bike!


Now that the kids are riding bikes and scooters, we've been trying to go for rides around the neighborhood as a family. Nate needed a bike of his own, so we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods last night and bought a new, flaming red bike. It's pretty basic, but for all the miles Nate is going to put on it, (ha ha!), it'll do just fine.


So far, the hardest part is keeping the kids from running into each other and us. I'm still not sure how often it's purely accidental and how often they're doing it on purpose, you know? (They really got a kick out of darting in front of me on their Big Wheels while I was learning how to use inline skates last summer...)


Right after this photo, we went for a little ride and got about halfway around the block before Noah blurted out, "I'm done. I'm sweating and I want to go home."

Oh please! Just because it's 110 degrees outside?!

What a wimp!

4 comments:

Matthew Taylor said...

I agree, Noah is such a pansie! I can't believe him. 110 degrees is nothing.

When I grew up I had to walk to school uphill both ways, through three feet of snow in a 120 degree weather!

Ryan & PJ Olson said...

Natalie, you crack me up! I was laughing so hard when I read all of this! :) You are awesome! (and thanks for carpooling with us, it is always good times for sure!)

Katie J. Layton said...

Okay, what the freak is your email address? E-mail me at k_t_layton@yahoo.com so I can invite you to my blog.

BTW, you crack me up and I love to read all of your posts!

Michelle said...

Ha~~~ see?? Things in common ~~ I've been riding around our subdivision with the boys for the first time this summer. We live on a cul-de-sac & I usually just let them ride around there, but since my older ds got a new bike & younger ds got older ds's with training wheels, I decided it was time to venture out. We live in a very hilly neighborhood & trying to tell the little one he has to keep braking while going downhill ~~~ well, he ended up in the ditch more than once! Luckily he was smart enough to steer the bike into the ditch, instead of doing a header right on the pavement!!!