Friday, August 29, 2008

No. We're NOT having fun...

As it turns out, Thelma is indeed an escape artist. I know this, because I personally locked her in her crate yesterday before I left for an hour and a half, and I came home to find broken glass in the kitchen, open cereal boxes spilled down the hall and several shredded plastic bags and chewed up pizza boxes spread around. She'd also dumped a bowl of soggy cereal on the family room carpet, chewed up Noah's water bottle, and dragged my bathrobe and a few stray shoes into the middle of it all.

Oh, and there was another little surprise 'package' on my living room rug proving without a doubt that she actually DID ingest some chocolate the day before, wrappers and all.

Plus, the Wii is being sent in for repair, two more rooms had to be cleaned with the Bissell, and Thelma decided to boldly show my visiting teacher yesterday just how she pees on the carpet for sport.

So, I've thought up a few new names for her. Most of them are four lettered and can't really be repeated in front of the kids. One of the names refers to the fact that she IS a female dog, so at least it's accurate...

It's been less than two weeks, and the thrill is gone, people. It's long gone.

Anyone want a dog?

8 comments:

JenniSue said...

Oh Natalie, I'm so sorry!! I don't have any words to make anything better, just I'm so, so, sorry!!

Sara (ChicagoGirl) said...

Sorry! This is why I am so glad we are pet free! I have bought myself until my 2 yo is potty trained, then I need a new excuse. ;)

Beth said...

I was telling Amber you adopted a dog and she asked what kind. When I told her a yellow lab, she said, "Oh no!" They are smart and good family dogs, but super high energy. Unless they are hunting dogs or really busy with other jobs, they get bored and cause trouble. She said they are like puppies until the age 5. Her sister recently found a new home for her lab. I hope you can get things worked out. Sorry about the carpet. Good thing you invested in a carpet cleaner. It is probably too hot to leave Thelma in the backyard when you leave, right? Best wishes. Beth

Taylor Tree said...

the "b" word is 5 letters btw.

i think she wanted to impress me...

Lance said...

Your experiences have only strengthened my resolve to NEVER own a dog. Or cat. Or anything that is not a child. Not that I "own" my children....you get the picture.

Sorry for the mess.

Beth said...

We are looking for a Thelma update. Is it getting better or are you seriously considering finding her a new home?

How are the boys enjoying school and their teachers?

Love, Beth

Marcus & McKenzie said...

Oh my goodness Thelma! I thought she was going to be a good dog. Looks like you have quite the challege ahead. Are you really going to give her away?

Katie J. Layton said...

Wow! You are nicer than I would be. That dog would be long gone.