Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stampin' Up Convention - Celebrate 2008

Like I mentioned before, I flew to SLC for the Stampin' Up! Convention because I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. This year was really special because Stampin' Up! is celebrating it's 20th anniversary.

I checked in on Wednesday and picked up my convention bag which contained 3 brand spanking new stamp sets, and the gorgeous new Fall/Winter 2008 Idea Book & Catalog. (It's so AWESOME, by the way! You NEED one, seriously! Call me, I'll hook you up!) Afterwards, I boarded a shuttle bus and headed out to Riverton to see the 300,000 square foot Stampin' Up! home office and distribution center. It's amazing!

Here's just a tiny part of it:

Also in the home office are rooms displaying various Stampin' Up! ideas and products, like this:

And this:


Earlier this year, Stampin' Up! announced a new line of products called D├ęcor Elements. The word 'happiness' in the photo below is part of this line. It's self-adhesive vinyl art for walls, windows, or other hard surfaces.


The next 3 days were spent attending classes, learning about new products, and of course, stamping. I was happy to run into Jody Ahlquist from back home, and we hung out together.


On the last day of the convention, we were given another stamp set, the brand new Ronald McDonald House Charity set. Each year, Stampin' Up! designs an exclusive stamp set to help raise money for Ronald McDonald House Charities. This year's set is called Say It With Scallops, and it's super cute! UPS generously donated the money to give these stamps set to all the Convention attendees this year.

Attending the convention was so much fun and I really enjoyed hanging out with other people as crazy about stamps as I am (and some a little bit crazier...).

Jody Ahlquist and I are holding an Open House at her house on Saturday, August 16th from 10:00-12:00 to share the new catalog. Please join us to try out some new products and just have fun! Call me for more information, and hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Tilleea said...

I'm so there on saturday! Glad you will be there too!

FRYER FAM said...

i totaly didn't know that you did this too. this is so fun. can i just pay you to make me cute things? i am so not good at stuff like this. i always love to read your blog. it makes me laugh.