Monday, October 6, 2008

Ooops!

So Vickie and I were talking about this 'frog' that Zachary brought home last night, and we both started researching it online. Turns out it may actually have been a Sonoran Desert toad, also known as a Colorado River toad.

You can read more about it here.

I got this picture from the Arizona-Desert Sonora Museum website. And interestingly enough, Noah and I are visiting this museum tomorrow with his preschool class.

Oh, and if this truly was a Desert Sonoran toad, it can be toxic enough to kill a full grown dog! Yikes!

I think we're done collecting desert wildlife for a while, and I must say, I'm quite relieved...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Toxic? How scary is that???

Maureen said...

I guess that is one way to get rid of a crazy dog ;)

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That is scary!