Friday, February 6, 2009

I was tagged over on Facebook and decided to post my list here as well...

  1. I've been tagged 14 times in the past 2 weeks, so I guess it's my turn.
  2. I only allow black pens in my house. If it's blue or some other crazy color, I toss it.
  3. I have a pretty crummy memory, but I can still remember the roll call from my First Grade class:
    Matt, Chad, David, Kent, Ian, Phillip, Jody, Steven, John, Tonya, Kathy, Natalie, Heidi, Julie, Chari, Kirstin, Marcy, Sarah, Amy, and Debbie
  4. I know so little about sports, it's ridiculous. And ironic, since my husband is absolutely obsessed with all sports. It's his dream to become a sports broadcaster, and I knew that when I married him.
  5. Nate and I lived together for a few weeks before we got married - along with his mother, his step father and his 9 little brothers and sisters.
  6. After living in Mesquite, NV for the first two years of our marriage, I told my husband I was moving, and he was welcome to come with me. Either way, I was outta there.
  7. I once worked in a gun store making bullets. I melted lead and poured it into the machine that made the slugs, and then ran the machine that lubed the slugs. I later got tested for lead poisoning when I read that one of the symptoms was irritability.
  8. After living where it's hot for the past 15 or so years, I'm officially a cold weather wuss.
  9. I come from a family of 4 girls and so far, we all have ALL BOYS.
  10. I wore contacts for 20 years before having LASIK, which was some of the best money I ever spent.
  11. I don't take my boys out in public by myself very often. (see #12 and #13)
  12. I was once pantsed by my son in Target. He was 3 at the time. Apparently, that's what I got for wearing sweats in public.
  13. I'm 90 percent sure it was my boys who set off the fire alarm at the public library last summer.
  14. I have a problem with finishing things.
  15. I'm the only person on earth who didn't enjoy the book Twilight and didn't finish reading it. (see #14)
  16. I've read 6 1/2 of the Harry Potter books and didn't see what all the hype was about. I checked the 7th out from the library and started it several times, but never really got into it. (see #14) If they let me back in the library (see #13), I may try it again.
  17. In a high school weight training class, I squatted 315 lbs. Apparently these thunder thighs are good for something.
  18. If I could have someone do my hair every day, I would. It's just not a skill of mine and I'm tired of trying.
  19. I didn't kiss a single boy in high school. (maybe due to #17?)
  20. I never missed a day of school because I was sick, which doesn't necessarily mean I was never sick, it means my parents were obsessed with perfect attendance. (see #21)
  21. I make sure my kids stay home if they're sick.
  22. I have two of the funniest, wildest, craziest boys around. It's changed my life and forced me to lighten up quite a bit.
  23. I met my husband on my mission. There, I admitted it. When I first saw him at a zone meeting, he looked so familiar I walked over and asked him where I knew him from.
  24. I haven't seen my husband in a suit since his mission. (see #23) He wore khakis on our wedding day, and I wore a casual white dress.
  25. I love my husband. He's also changed my life and forced me to lighten up quite a bit.
I probably could have written another 25, but that might have been a little too self indulgent, right?

7 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I loved reading those things about you. You are so whitty and funny - you should write books or a column in the paper.

M&M said...

I love reading your blog. It makes me laugh everytime. I would never be able to squat 315 pounds! I would collapse and be pinned down by all the weight. YOu're amazing!

Matthew Taylor said...

Very funny Natalie... as always.

Cindy E said...

Well, all I can say is......it's about time you updated your blog LOL. JK!!! You really should consider writing a book. Hugs, Cindy

Jera Farnsworth said...

Love it! (must be said with a hand flap and perhaps a lisp) so funny!

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

So, I am totally laughing over this post. #14 - Don't worry, you aren't alone. I did a research project once on dysfunctional families and they said that a lot of times people don't finish projects if they come from a dysfunctional family, because they were never praised as a kid for finishing things. So, they learn to give up because nobody cares. I like to believe that theory and blame it on my dysfunctional family. #20 - Mom and Dad gave up by the time they were on kid number 4. I would just go home and delete the message saying that I had missed one or more class periods. Or, I would get out of bed, drive around until they left for work, and then go back home and sleep through seminary. : o

Cira said...

Dear Nat!! You are so goood, keep up!! love ya