Sunday, May 3, 2009

It's great to be 8!

Zachary is now 8 years old! Woo hoo!

Now, brace yourself, because you are about to be amazed.

Zachary requested this super awesome volcano cake. And in my haste to get this thing slapped together, the outcome suffered a little:

I think Po from Kung Fu Panda expressed it best when he said,
"There is no charge for awesomeness, or attractiveness."

Noah didn't want anything to do with it. And can you blame him?

To celebrate the big day we took Zachary and Noah to the AZ Science Center on Saturday, then stopped at Claim Jumper on the way home. It was all part of the plan of getting out of holding a big crazy birthday party. And it worked!

Now, is it just our boys, or do all kids have to jump on boulders whenever they see them and strike a pose?

Zachary showing off his guns.

Noah showing off some "guns" of his own.

Zach took this picture for us. He's quite the budding photographer, huh?


Happy Birthday, Zachary!
We love you!

5 comments:

Tilleea said...

that IS an awesome cake, you should do a tutorial so that when my son's birthday comes around i know how to do it. ;-)

And I'm very glad that there was no charge!

Vickie said...

Wow, how did Zach come up with that one? What a super cool cake :).

And yes, my kids jump on boulders to pose, too. Though they're usally doing a "Lion King", Circle of Life type pose.

The picture Zach took is fab. I was going to pay a photographer to take some family portraits for me, but maybe I could just give Zach a bag of M&Ms and get him to do it ;).

Tyler and Ericka said...

Hey I found your blog! email me at erickaputnam@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite to mine! I LOVE the cake by the way!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Your cake is great! Looks like a real volcano errupting into a yummy chocolate treat. I would totally eat it!!

Erin Noel said...

8 is such a big birthday! You need to post the recipe for your Volcano Cake.