Monday, August 3, 2009

Monster Jam 2009

I overheard the ad for Monster Jam late one night while grocery shopping and later told Nate I thought it might be a fun thing to do with the boys.

(I know, can you believe it? It was actually MY idea! What is this world coming to?!)

None of us had ever been to anything like this before, and it was definitely an adventure!


This was Zach's favorite truck, Blue Thunder.


Nate, who I jokingly refer to as "the ultimate consumer",
just HAD to pick up t-shirts for the boys.


This is "Maximum Destruction", which, as you can see, turned out to be a pretty accurate description.


Honestly, we didn't purposely buy these crazy hats, they came with the requisite cotton candy.

Noah gave the event two thumbs up.

To say it was loud is the biggest understatement of the year. We stopped and bought earplugs on the way (good tip, Kara!), but next time (yes, there could be a next time) we'd make sure to have the noise reducing earphones for the kids instead. It was too hard to get those little foam ear plugs in the kid's ears correctly, and I consider myself a bit of an expert from my bullet making/gun range sweeping days.

Because of Zach's sensory issues, he got overwhelmed after a while and wanted to leave. Nate got him to focus on something else for a while.

Here's proof that I was actually there and enjoying it.

Superman was my favorite truck.

And here's the crowd favorite, Grave Digger.

The grand finale of the event was the final demise of Grave Digger. But don't worry, I'm sure he'll rise again, in another city somewhere soon, because the show must go on.

7 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That looks like fun!!!

MamaBug said...

Wow. What an adventure!

Raejean said...

Gravedigger is a favorite at our house too! I'm just glad those earplugs actually stayed in their ears. When I was a kid, my half-brother shoved one up his nose. Fortunately, my step-mom just happened to have a pair of long handled tweezers in her purse. I wonder if this type of thing was common?

M&m said...

That looks like a lot of fun! You guys are always doing fun things with your boys it seems. They are lucky!

Karen said...

Looks like a lot of fun Natalie!

It's been a long time since I chatted with you, so I thought of you when I had to tag a few people.

Tag, you're it. If you go to my 100 mile blog, you'll see what it's about.

Janice said...

Looks like a very fun night. I heard it is very loud in there. I noticed you had ear plugs. I'm sure your boys loved it. Way to go!!

Vickie said...

What a brave mama you turned out to be :).