Friday, October 9, 2009

I would RUN 500 miles and I would run 500 more...

Today was kind of a special day for me. I ran my 500th mile for the year!

A while back, I joined an online running group for beginners and one of the challenges was to run 50 miles a month for the entire year. I figured I'd give it a shot.

Here are the shoes I've been wearing. They were my first official pair of running shoes purchased in an actual running store in February of this year, right before I ran the Two Sisters, One Heart 10K.

(By the way, info about the next Two Sister One Heart fundraiser can be found here.)

And here are the shoes that will help me run the next 500 or so miles. I got them free from Nike.com using points from MyCokeRewards. How weird is that?

I can't get over how new and shiny these babies are.

And PINK! I actually have pink shoes!

I didn't realize how bad my old shoes looked until I put the two pair together side by side.

And here I am after today's 6 mile run that put me over the 500 mile mark.
I'm still smiling. Woo hoo!

10 comments:

MamaBug said...

Wow!! Go you! That is just totally cool. Congratulations. :D

Hey, can you hook a girl up with a link to the beginning running site? (You know, just to humor the part of me that fantasizes about running a marathon someday.)

Jenny said...

YOU, are my hero!! Someday after therapy (the physical type) - I'm going to be able to say that. WAY PROUD OF YOU!

Raejean said...

See, you are awesome! Now maybe you'll believe me.

JulieA said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That's so wonderful! I wish that my body would allow me to run. If I could, you would inspire me to try, GF! WTG!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Wow that is seriously impressive! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink shoes. You go girl.

Todd said...

I am so impressed. I probably could not run a quarter of a mile so you are amazing in my book. I loved the shoe pictures. your friend, crystal

Tilleea said...

SA-Weet!

Matthew Taylor said...

Very cool! Congratulations!

Nancy uses our Coke Rewards for magazines.

Sarah said...

That is awesome!!! I've been trying to run more...right now I can only get 3 miles done before I die. What is that on-line site? I'd love to take a look at it.

Lance said...

Good job, dewd! BTW, I love that song..."I would walk 500 miles, and uh-I would walk 500 more..." Great stuff.