Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eggstra eggstra, read all about it!

It was our church Christmas party last night and we had 'breakfast for dinner'. When I originally signed up to help I was told I'd be making biscuits and gravy, neither of which I've actually made before. And honestly, a church party with dozens of hungry people isn't exactly the time or place I want to test out my culinary skills, you know?

So, I was thrilled when I was told that instead of biscuits and gravy, we would be in charge of eggs - eggspecially (<----see how I threw that in there for you?) since cooking eggs is kind of Nate's specialty.

We'd never cooked 96 eggs before. Have you?

Nate always insists on adding cheese. Lots of it.


He's 'egg'stra special, isn't he?

6 comments:

Raejean said...

There's few things I like better than a man who cooks!

Ahlquist Family said...

Thanks so much for your willingness to prepare food!! They were a big hit! Don't know what we would have done without you!

JenniSue said...

96 eggs? Wow, that's insane! Next time we see you I've got to try some of Nate's eggs...I don't think he's ever made any for me before. Love the pics!

Vickie said...

I missed it 'cause the kids are sick! Ben went, though, and says that the eggs went fast. He said that you needed 180. Must have been some tasty eggs!!

Natalie said...

I'm assuming they were, I didn't get any, and Nate ran to Jack in the Box for his dinner afterward!

MamaBug said...

Wow. That's a lot of eggs. :)