Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Have you learned anything new recently?


Um, so I have kinda have this tiny crush on Tyler Florence

What can I say?  The guy can cook.

And it's okay, because Nate has his own little celebrity crush on JLH.




Who's JLH?





Jennifer Love Hewitt, silly!

And I'm totally okay with that because, pretty as she is, she's still the Ghost Whisperer.

(snicker)

And, I can empathize with her:


The poor woman carries a little extra junk in her trunk, just like I do.  But I, at least, have the sense to cover it up when I go to the beach.

(Except for that one time my mother-in-law took a truly AWFUL picture of me in a swimsuit on vacation straddling a sand castle I was making.  She later used it on a scrapbook page just to be mean - and to force me to make my own replacement scrapbook page for her book.  Have I mentioned I'm sooo not a scrapbooker?)

Anyhow, I was watching my man, Tyler, cooking some pasta on his show and he explained the you should always add salt to the water after it boils, because adding it before raises the temperature at which the water boils, and lengthens the time it takes to reach boiling point.

Oops. 

How did I not know this little scientific tidbit before?  I mean, I've been watching the Food Network for quite some time now trying to improve my cooking skills.

Truthfully, it's just not helping.  And it really makes me hungry.

I think that's false advertising.  I may have to sue.

3 comments:

MamaBug said...

I've never heard that little tidbit before either. I'll have to ask Mr. Science if he speaks the truth. :)

Raejean said...

I've heard so many different things about salt and oil - I don't know what to believe. I'll have to do some research and let you know what I find!

disabilitydiva said...

Natalie!! You continue to make me laugh!! At least you guys have true celebrity crushes. Brian is local news anchor person star strucked!