Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I've said it here before, but for some reason I really love Valentine's Day.  And I heard a rumor this might be Zach's last year to exchange valentines in school.

(Sniff sniff).

The heart says, "Valentine, I think you're KOOL."  

Normally I'm not a fan of intentional misspelling, but this year I made an exception.

These suckers were heavy and had to be hauled into the classroom in a laundry basket.

Noah wanted to pass out these airplanes to his class.

Just 64 Lifesavers, 64 sticks of gum, 32 Smarties, and 32 rubber bands later, they were done.

Whew!

I showed the kids in Zach's class how to make these owl bookmarks during their class party.  They thought they were great, and it was actually nice to realize there are kids who have a harder time following directions  than my own children:

Me:  "Okay, first take your brown owl body out of the baggie I gave you and put it on your desk.  We're not gluing yet, okay?  Then take the yellow chest piece and put it ON the brown body, but DON'T glue it just yet.  We want to lay it all out FIRST before we glue anything to make sure we know what we're doing.  Got it?  Lay it out first..."
Random kid:  "Hey, I glued mine wrong.  Can I have another?"
Me: (Slapping my own forehead) "Sheesh."
Thelma decided to get in on the spirit of the holiday by taking a nap in the sunshine while lying on a chalk drawing on the back patio.  When she came inside it took me a minute to figure out why she was Pepto Bismol pink!

(The photo doesn't do her bright pink hue justice because it was quite hysterical.)

We hope your Valentine's Day was happy!  Thanks to the box of See's chocolates and dinner from Oregano's that Nate brought home, ours was!

2 comments:

Raejean said...

How about you come teach me how to make that cute owl bookmark? I promise I'll follow directions!

nitestamper said...

totally CUTE projects!!!!!!
i feel a case coming!!!!!
tfs:)